These Event Terms (Terms) govern your purchase of tickets for, and attendance at events held by Beautiful Minds Pty Ltd (Events). It is your responsibility to review these Terms prior to the purchase of a ticket or making a booking any Event (Ticket). By purchasing a Ticket you agree to be bound by these Terms. We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time, and will provide the most recent version on our website.
Throughout these Terms, the terms “Beautiful Minds”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Beautiful Minds Pty Ltd and its associated entities, and “you” refers to the individual or business purchasing tickets or attending Events.
Event Booking and Ticket Purchase
- A list of upcoming Events, and Ticket prices are available on our website.
- In addition to the Ticket price, you must pay GST and any booking, handling, credit card surcharge or postage fees specified on our website.
- Ticket prices are subject to change, and Beautiful Minds will use its best endeavours to inform you if there is a change.
- You may purchase a Ticket for an Event online via our website.
- Your Ticket purchase for an Event is confirmed when you receive an email notification and receipt from Beautiful Minds. We will maintain a list of paid attendees for each Event, and you may gain entrance to the Event by presenting identification or your email receipt. You will not receive a hard copy or electronic ticket.
- Beautiful Minds reserves the right to vary the speaker, subject matter or materials provided under any Event at any time (including after the purchase of a Ticket).
Refunds, Credits and Transfers
- All Ticket sales are final.
- All Tickets are exclusive and non-transferable (subject to 3(d) below). No exchange, credit or refund will be given except in the case of certain cancelled or rescheduled Events (see clause 3 below).
- For clarification, you are not entitled to an exchange, credit or refund if:
- you are no longer able to attend the Event; or
- you arrive late or are refused entry for any reason; or
- you did not enjoy the Event.
- A Ticket is only transferrable to another person strictly on the following conditions:
- a request is submitted in writing to [email protected] containing the proposed replacement guest name and email address.
- the request is submitted at least 48 hours prior to the relevant Event.
- Beautiful Minds accepts the requested proposed replacement guest in writing.
Beautiful Minds reserves the right to refuse entry if a replacement guest arrives at the Event without the ticket being transferred in accordance with the above procedure.
Event Cancellation or Postponement
- Sometimes Events are cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to Force Majeure Events, situations which affect the speaker, or other causes (Affected Event).
- If an Affected Event is postponed to another date:
- you may, at your option exercisable by notifying us in writing no later than 30 days after the originally scheduled date of the postponed Affected Event, request a credit for the ticket price to put towards a Substitute Event; and
- if you do not notify us in writing of your request for a credit within 30 days after the originally scheduled date of the postponed Affected Event, your ticket will be automatically transferred to the new date for the postponed Event.
- If an Affected Event is cancelled and/or a new date for the Affected Event is not announced within 60 days of the postponement/cancellation you will be given a credit for the ticket price to put towards a Substitute Event.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of an Affected Event by sending an email to the address provided to us by the ticket holder; however, you bear the responsibility of ascertaining whether an Event has been cancelled, rescheduled or postponed
- In no circumstances, other than those outlined in Clause 3, will ticket prices (or any part thereof) be credited. Unless otherwise provided by law, any credit issued will be your sole remedy for a postponement or cancellation of an Event, and we will have no further liability to you in respect of any cancellation, rescheduling or postponement of an Event for any reason. Any credits issued for postponed or cancelled Events that are not used within 12 months of the originally scheduled date of the postponed/cancelled Event will be forfeited.
- Tickets will only be refunded following a failure by Beautiful Minds to provide a Substitute Event within 24 months. Failure by you to elect a suitable Substitute Event within the period provided in these Terms, or failure to attend a Substitute Event, will not permit you to obtain a refund for the Ticket.
- You are expected to behave in a professional and appropriate manner at all Events. Your children are expected to behave, and listen to instructions given by our speakers, presenters, facilitators and youth leaders.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry or require you and/or your child to leave if your behaviour is deemed unacceptable.
- You acknowledge that phones and smart watches may not be permitted at certain events. Beautiful Minds will advise whether this is the case at each Event.
- Beautiful Minds films and photographs every event. You consent to your child being filmed or photographed by Beautiful Minds (or its representatives) and to Beautiful Minds using your name, likeness, image and/or voice in such photographs or films for the purpose of promoting our events, services and products. No remuneration is payable for such use. If you do not wish your child to be photographed, please email [email protected]
- Beautiful Minds does not grant permission for you or your children to record an Event.
Limitation of Liability & Indemnity
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all implied conditions and warranties relating to your purchase of tickets for and attendance at Events, notwithstanding your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
- Where our liability cannot be excluded, such as in relation to Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law or other prescribed terms under legislation, our liability for breach is limited to the face value of the Ticket purchased by you, plus any relevant booking and delivery fees.
- Certain laws imply terms, conditions and warranties (“Prescribed Terms”) into contracts for the supply of goods and services and prohibit the exclusion, restriction or modification of such term, conditions and warranties. The liability of Beautiful Minds in respect of a breach of a Prescribed Term or any warranty made under these Terms is limited, to the extent permissible by law to the resupply of the Event again within a reasonable timescale.
- We will be excused from performance under these Terms and in relation to Events to the extent such performance is affected by a Force Majeure Event.
- Unless the terms and warranties are included in these Terms, all prior discussions, quotations, warranties and Prescribed Terms, to the extent permitted by law, are excluded.
- Beautiful Minds will not be liable for any loss or damage or for incidental, special or consequential loss or damage of any kind arising out of the supply or failure to supply any goods or services to you, or arising out of Beautiful Minds’ negligence or in any way whatsoever.
- It is your responsibility to bring any relevant ailments or conditions of you or your attendees which may impact or be impacted by an Event to the attention of Beautiful Minds prior to ordering a Ticket.
- You agree that you are liable for and indemnify Beautiful Minds against all costs, charges, expenses, loss and/or damage (including but not limited to recovery costs and legal costs on an indemnity basis) incurred by Beautiful Minds as a result of or in connection with your breach of these Terms.
- Intellectual Property (including all rights in copyright, patents, registered and unregistered trademarks, registered designs, trade secrets and know-how) in the Events and in all designs, concepts, and processes developed by Beautiful Minds in respect of an Event, or otherwise, is property of Beautiful Minds.
- You shall not use or disclose the material, processes, concepts or other intellectual property (or copies thereof) for any other purpose without the written consent of Beautiful Minds.
Actions of Speakers and Presenters
- Beautiful Minds shall exercise reasonable skill and care in the performance of the Event in conformity with relevant and applicable professional standards.
- Beautiful Minds does not warrant and shall not be liable for the work or performance of other persons engaged by Beautiful Minds, including the speakers, presenters, facilitators and youth leaders.
- Any actions, statements, representations or opinions of persons engaged by Beautiful Minds (including the speakers, presenters, facilitators and youth leaders) are that person’s own, and may not act as representations by Beautiful Minds.
- These Terms shall in respects be governed by the laws of Australia. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Australia to determine any matter or dispute which arises under these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms is deemed invalid or unenforceable, all or part of that provision will be severed from the Terms and will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Terms.
- No waiver of any term shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Any failure to assert any right under the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right.
- In these Terms, “Substitute Event” means an Event on a similar topic, at a reasonably similar ticket price to the Affected Event. Beautiful Minds does not guarantee that the speakers, presenters, facilitators, youth leaders, subject matter or materials provided will be identical to those provided at the Affected Event.
- In these Terms, a “Force Majeure Event” means any of the following (whether or not foreseeable or anticipated): acts of God, terrorism, war, civil unrest, strike or labour dispute, lack of transportation, breakdown, labour or material shortage, blockade or embargo, supplier failure, epidemic or pandemic, government restriction or recommendation, legal requirement, extreme weather, earthquake, drought, fire, flood, explosion, natural disaster, government orders or regulations (including health orders), and/or any other event, cause or circumstance that is beyond our reasonable control.
- These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Beautiful Minds and you in relation to the Events.