Coconut and Pumpkin Curry – The Scott Gooding Project
Posted 09 March 2020
COCONUT AND PUMPKIN CURRY by SCOTT GOODING
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons Thai seven-spice
- 2 cm knob of ginger, minced
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1–2 bird’s-eye chillies, finely chopped
- ¼ butternut pumpkin, chopped
- ¼ cauliflower, cut into small florets
- ½ red capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- ¼ green capsicum, deseeded and chopped
- 400 ml can coconut cream
- 240 ml vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1/3 bunch of spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ bunch of coriander, chopped
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add the coconut oil. Add the garlic, seven-spice, ginger, lemongrass and chilli and sauté for 4–5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, cauliflower and capsicum, toss through the spices and cook for 2–3 minutes. Add the coconut cream and stock and cook for 15–20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is cooked through and the sauce is thickened to your liking.
- Add the tamarind and spinach, stir through and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until the spinach has softened.
- Remove from the heat. Before serving, add the coriander and stir through.